Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Charlie.


I should call this dress #madeforkidsmonth made me do it.  I saw the Mingo + Grace Charlie dress pop up a couple of times already and loved it immediately.  But I wasn't sure I 'needed' another pattern.  I saw a gorgeous chambray version and was sold.  

I used some gorgeous Woodland Clearing lawn I picked up from Raspberry Creek Fabric. Diana was kind enough to bring it in when I requested it, and I have been hoarding it waiting for the perfect project. 


I made a size 5, Iz is just starting to measure in to a 5 in some patterns, and things lasting longer is never a bad thing.

On the hanger I wasn't too sure I liked the dress, but once she put it on it was love.  I love the way it swings and moves.


I did change up a few things, mostly construction to give it a cleaner finish and I made the bias tape 1 1/2" rather than the 1" suggested, personal preference things.  I definitely plan to make this one again, though.

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of this dress, and I've been eyeing the pattern for a while! It looks so good on Izzie!

    ReplyDelete