Thursday, May 12, 2016

Santa Fe Tops.

I recently tested Hey June's newest top, the Santa Fe top.


I made a size XL.  I measured between the XL and 1X for bust, but per pattern instructions,  I sized down.  The hip and waist measurements aren't *as* important in this pattern being it is nice and flowy.


The top is perfect in rayon blends.  This one is a rayon spandex blend, it is so soft and the drape is perfect.

There are 6 views included in the pattern, two tanks with slim straps, two tanks with wider straps and two tees with dolman sleeves and a cuff.


This is a view C with the center seams omitted, per the pattern instructions.


This is also a view C, I made it exactly per the pattern and used the center seams with the optional topstitching.


The neckband was a new to me method, and I really quite liked it.  I was a little leery of it at first, but I really love it and plan to try it on the Union next.


This is a view F, the blue doesn't have the ideal drape.  I was in a hurry and didn't really think through my fabric choice.  But I absolutely plan to try again, the sides and back are really cute on this one, though I didn't get a picture of them... oops... but since this is where I document all my makes (eventually) it is being included.

4 comments:

  1. Did you purchase the floral print from Girl Charlee? I love the blue one on you (and totally loving the specs too!) and even though it isn't as drapey the last one with the blue front looks so nice - the colour! I just can't believe you get to churn these things out so fast! I have a t shirt pattern I haven't even gotten to cutting stage yet! I guess you are more motivated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a really comfy tee, and it is useful to see it made up in different sorts of fabric. Fabric choice is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really like this top! You look great, Brittney - this is a great shape for your hot summers, no? I love the swingy shape - I would definitely get some serious wear out of these!

    ReplyDelete