Tuesday, June 23, 2015

KCW.

 Are you participating in Kids Clothes Week?  I am!  In fact, I thought back, and I have been participating every season since I started sewing, starting with the fall season in 2011.  Crazy!



Abby has recently decided that she does want me to sew for her, so I may be going a bit overboard.  Two tops last week, this top, a dress and many more tops planned.

This is the Oliver + S Roller Skate Tunic in some yummy Cotton + Steel double gauze.  I thought she would like the color, so I okayed it with her and splurged on a yard.  She loves the shade of blue, and I was able to squeeze a size 10 with some length out of just a yard.  Score!


I realized the girls don't have many pairs of shorts, though if given the chance, they will wear a dress every day.  I figured it wasn't bad to have the option, though, and I wanted to try the Butterfly blouse.  I am not a huge fan of the thread chain used to close this top and so next time I will do something different.  It isn't bad, but I am not very good at them, ha!  Plus, the ones on their carousel dresses have broken quite a few times already, it is a pain to have to repair them every few wears.

The shorts are just from the Badminton Skort.  I still haven't made the full skort, but the shorts from last year were worn to death and I knew they were a super quick sew.  She loves the outfit and wanted to wear it immediately, and to bed, haha.

During KCW I usually try to make at least one thing for each of the kids, so we'll see where that takes me!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that roller skate tunic! What a fabulous top! I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had things planned but I don't know if I'll get around to it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure about the Butterfly but I adore your all-in-white version.
    Ab's is looking so grown up.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete