Sunday, October 12, 2014

Procrastinating.

Do you ever avoid sewing things you "have" to sew?  I do, all.the.time.  It is a really bad habit.  I should be finishing this stack of skinny jeans or Halloween costumes but instead I made an outfit for Sam, that he doesn't even really fit in yet (both items are 6m).  Once I get an idea in my head I will obsess over it until I do it (unless I have to do it^^).  



I see all over pinterest little boys in leggings, and I wanted to see how I felt about them on Sam so I made a pair of O+S Playtime leggings.  I decided to do a fabric that wasn't decidedly boy, so that if I hated the look I could pass them on to a little girl.  I don't *hate* them, but I am still undecided.  Let me back up, though, this all started when I wanted to figure out how to alter the Lil' Papoose Moccasins to look more like the super out of my budget moccasins that are popular now.  So I picked up some pleather to try out before I invest in some legit leather and played around until I got it, then I made a pair for my nephew too, who unlike Sam, actually wears shoes.  And if I went that far, why not make a shirt too?  I used the School bus Tee for that.


I never thought I would be one to make shoes, but I can see these becoming a new addiction, and a new go-to baby gift.  I made one 0-3 size first and it was a little tight, as was sort of expected being he is 3 months now and has fabulously chubby everything.  So then I made the 3-6 and there is plenty of room.  I know making shoes for someone who doesn't come close to needing them is a little ridiculous, but what is life without a little whimsy?


I made the leggings in a 12m width around the legs, but 6m in the waist thinking it would be a little looser, but again- super chubby everything.  They are growing on me.


The shirt doesn't fit yet, but I figured it probably wouldn't.  I need to stop my brain from wanting to make 2 or 3 more right this minute.  But this little grumpy guy is helping me stay away from the machine too much.  He goes through spurts, a few days he will be so happy and can be left in the swing or on a blanket and other days he needs to be constantly held.  Sigh, guess I should finish my "have to" pile the next time he has a good day.

5 comments:

  1. I also made the same sort a legging for my little boy. It look really great on him. A little bit of a french look ; )

    The last photo, what a cute babyboy he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love in this post. Gorgeous leggings, gorgeous shoes and super gorgeous baby Sam!

    PS I used to make leggings for Hugo, I would use the scraps from the inner leg, overlock the edge and then topstitch it to the leggings to make them into jodhpurs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is totally delicious!
    And I love the outfit - every part of it.
    I also love little boys in leggings - my boys wore them :-) - I'll have to see if I can find some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the chubby everything!! Nom nom nom!!!!!!

    I happen to love little babies of both genders in cute leggings. Kinda hipster, like skinny jeans, but also just comfy and simple. I'm a fan. Those mocs really complete the look, and Sam is looking super hipster (and delish) here! Love it! Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's so adorable, he would literally look great in a paper sack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leggings are perfect for babies...doesn't matter if they are girls or boys.;) Love the black and white stripe pants and those mocs!

    ReplyDelete