Tuesday, April 8, 2014

KCWC day 2.

I got lucky today, not only was I in the mood to sew, but the house wasn't completely wrecked to the point I would feel guilty sewing and Jack decided it would be fun to play with the twins after school and before nap time- that doesn't happen often. 

So after yesterday's bodysuit I knew I wanted more, like lots more.  If you haven't noticed, once I find a pattern I love I become a bit obsessive.  Just getting my money's worth, right?  



So I remembered I had this really soft plaid that I thought last year I would make some shorts for Jack with, but I was afraid how they would hold up for my rowdy five year old, perfect for this project!

I again made the bodysuit from the Lullaby Layette Set, this time in a 3 month size.  The one yesterday is the only newborn or 0-3 month thing I will be making (unless the knit onesies I already have cut are 0-3... I can't remember!), like I said before, I make 'em big, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised with a small babe but I doubt it.

I was torn though, he is due just before the 4th of July so unless I go over this would have been perfect!  I am not usually one to make special outfits for the holidays, but this would have been adorbs.



For fun I thought I would add a pocket cut on the bias.  I used the pocket included in the pattern intended for the pants, I made the size 0-3 month pocket as I didn't want it too big.  Ben always jokes about the reason for infant clothing with pockets, but I think it is totally cute.



I have been holding on to this print for far too long because I was unsure what to use it for.  Still, I am undecided, but what's done is done.


I used the yardage the other day to take my nephew's monthly progression pictures and last night it clicked that this would probably work.  I remembered the ships being a little closer together, but I went with it anyways.

I wasn't quite sure how to place the ships, especially on the sleeves.


Not too bad for a few days of sewing, though I think it may be time to switch to another pattern before I end up with ten of these, ha!

12 comments:

  1. You amaze me! I have yet to finish my first one. Tomorrow will be day 3 sewing on it! Love all 3 versions of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only this much because of the kids all being occupied (Jack walked to Grandma's during naptime) and doing two at once saves time, in a way:)

      Delete
  2. The checked one is soo cute! This KCW really is a juggling (and little sleeping) feat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I just ordered snaps so that I can make some of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a baby so I can sew little bodysuits like this and dress him/her in them!lol They are all adorable, Brittney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove them! The ship print fabric is my favorite. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fabulous! I like the plaid version most, it looks modern and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! I'm expecting a baby this summer too, and I just bought the pattern. I'm sure you've probably been asked this many times, but where do you get your size tags from? They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I buy them from this etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShuShuStyle?section_id=7111393&ref=shopsection_leftnav_6 . I have placed orders there more than once and have always been happy with them.

      Delete