Monday, April 28, 2014

A gift for a baby.

This gift has been waiting to be made for a long time now, the baby shower was in March, but we were preparing to head to a beach house when I got the invite and were to be gone when the shower was held.  But, the gal's mom is so sweet and always gets my babies something I knew I would be making something for the baby no matter how long it took me.  And hey, her due date is in the next week or so, and the baby isn't here yet so I am calling it a win.  



I was originally going to do something definitely vintage (think Puppet Show) as that seems to be the mom's style, but getting up and down a million times gives me contractions, so I went with something quick and easy.  Being I have made it now nine times (!!!) I knew what steps came next and was able to keep the getting up and down to a minimum.

Oh, so what is this pattern (as if you haven't seen it a million times all over blogland)?  It's the Geranium dress that I was lucky enough to test way back when it came out.  I have never made one this little though, it's so cute and small!  Eeep!  If I was having a girl she would have a closet full of these.

I also threw in a few headbands.  The mom and I talked a little bit about headbands and she is not in to the giant bows on tiny babies (neither am I, really) so hopefully these aren't too big.




Snaps are for sure the way to go on little ones, heck, even toddlers!  ... Actually, Abby loves snaps too!  I used some purple ones from the stash.

Um, apparently I need to iron a little better before photographing/giving it away.



And I finally invested in some labels!   I have always used the size tags and my MIL bought me some labels a long, long time ago but I used all of them and had just been using ribbon which worked, but now I am totally legit;)

When we were thinking of names for the twins, Ben decided he wanted one of them to be called Georgia after a character on "Dead like me" and her nickname was peanut.  I had a hard time thinking of what I wanted on a tag and that is why it took me so long, but I am glad I finally took the plunge!  Now to find more time and energy to sew... ha!  

5 comments:

  1. This is so adorably sweet B - I'd have a wardrobe full of these too if I had a bub.
    Love your labels - I have the same problem re deciding what to put on them - and so I am still using ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is darling! I love your new labels...where did you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I got them here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MommieMadeIt . I didn't want to have to design my own artwork so I went with a shop that had premade options. It took a while between "approval" and shipping, but I like them so far. I haven't washed them yet, but they say they wont fray or fade.

      Delete