Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Seashore.

I am itching for warmer weather, it has been in the sixties for the last few days so I have hope, ha!  When the Sarah Jane Out to Sea line came out I snatched up a whole bunch of it... then it sat (well, aside from the Roller Skate dress).  I knew I wanted to make sure and use it this summer, so I decided to use some of it up on my first warm weather project of the year.  I had some lovely friends recommend that the fabric I wanted to use would be perfect for the Seashore Dress and they were right! 


The print is very busy and so the sweet details of the dress get lost, but that's alright, I still love it.  I made a size 3T thinking it would last longer... but it is just right for Iz right now, luckily it will fit Georgie for probably the whole summer.  


I eeked a size 3T out of one yard.  The front facing is a contrasting color because there wasn't quite enough and I used some very creative cutting but since it wasn't a directional print it worked out just fine.


She loves it.  "A new dress for meeee?!" It is such a sweet shape.  I am totally geeking out at joining Sarvi's ultimate pattern bust project, we desert folk are heading to a beach house for the week over Spring Break (another reason to start the summer sewing now!), so this dress will be properly photographed by the seashore.  And possibly with twin #2 as twin #1 (in this scenario, IRL George is twin #1) isn't so in to looking at the camera lately.  Then again, maybe she will be so occupied with the sand and the water that I can get some decent shots! 


I thought I was being so smart by giving her a cup of snacks and putting a bit of polka dot tape on the floor where I wanted her to stand, I wasn't.  She soon threw her cup when she noticed the tape sitting on the entryway table.



And did her part by adding more to the floor, she needed another strip to show her where to put the other foot apparently.




But hey, it worked!  I didn't bother with sweeping the peanuts during our shoot as I wasn't certain how long she would be interested in standing there for me.




Look!  She looked at the camera without putting her fingers in her mouth or sticking out her tongue! I call that success.

3 comments:

  1. So cute!
    Smart move to get a head start on your sewing.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable. And so is this dress! This is going to get a lot of wear this summer! Love that fabric, it's very liberty-esque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cutie! I love the dress...that print is perfect for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete