Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mickey and Minnie.

Ah, it's that time of year again, the time when I put off the making of the costumes until the last.possible.second.  I had intentions of starting them on Thursday and easily finishing them in time for the annual Halloween party on Monday.  Well, that didn't quite happen.  Between family things and being unable to move my right arm (at all) for two days (no idea how that happened) I ended up making three pieces of costume Sunday and Monday.  So I finished about two hours before the party which is better than last year's , that was 30 minutes before, ha! 
 
 
 
I am finding it pretty impossible to take the girls photos together lately.  Usually I can get at least George to look at the camera, but not today!
 

 
 
Though they are pretty cute, so I wont complain too much.
 
 

 
 
But look!  Here's one... that George is out of focus in, sigh. 
 
Oh well. 
 

 
 
Okay, so the deets on the patterns; For Mickey aka Georgia I used the Oliver and S Sailboat Skirt size 2T with a slightly stretchy, slightly shiny bottom weight from Jo-ann's.  I was going to make the pants, but shortened, then I figured why not make something she can wear more after Halloween?  Chances are she still would have fit in the shorts next year since she still fits her 6m (!!!) Sailboat pants, so after the festivities are over I will switch out those big white buttons for four of something.
 


Izzy is wearing the Oliver + S Puppet Show Dress size 3T.  She was asleep when I chose her size so the 3T is a little big, but growing room is never a bad thing since she can also wear this one after Halloween, though it will always look like Minnie Mouse to me, ha!

I also made Abby a 2+2 skirt for her costume, more on that later since the few photos I got of her didn't quite turn out as we were in a hurry to get to the party. 

2 comments:

  1. Their costumes turned out wonderful, Brittney! The twins are the cutest Mickey and Minnie!

    ReplyDelete