Monday, December 31, 2012

Ketchup.

I was going through my pictures from 2012 last night and realized I had a bunch of projects from the last two months I hadn't posted about, and since this is meant to be my "sewing journal" to take notes and remember details, I figure I should post about them.
 
So, in no particular order here they are:
 
 
 

A Classic Picnic turned dress.  This one was for our family pictures in November. 


I LOVED Nicole's picnic with buttons. Loved.  So I tried my hand at it... I promise the buttons don't look this wonky on her. 

I made it nice and long since she has a skinny chest I thought she would get lots of wear from this.  It is size 12m, and still quite big.  She wore this with some white tights and cute brown boots for pictures. Adorable.


This was Jack's outfit for pictures.  (Hat not included). Flashback tee and his very favorite Sandbox pants.  Also, Abby wore her mustard + ivory dress shown here and Izzy wore her Pierrot.  My family didn't get individuals (as I think I mentioned before, sorry if it's a repeat) but if I manage to ever get everyone ready again,  I will make sure to post all the outfits together.  I thought they all coordinated quite well with the group.



Then a pair of Sandbox for George.  I rounded the pockets to make it more "girly".  Aaand she got only a few wears out of them as she had a growth spurt right after they were made. Awesome.


They are made from a gray linen and supposed to go with her After school shirt (details here). 



Pockets lined with left overs from the shirt.


Then I went on a pj pant spree... sort of... I had 10 cut out, 6 were completed, 2 only need elastic and 2 need leg binding and elastic.  I am not good at that much repitition and set them aside for a bit.  There are 2 of these lady bug print pants, both in 12m.  I had just enough to make 2 in this size, so I figured why not.  P.S. the pattern is the Bedtime Story


The first ones were tiny twin, and these are on big twin.  There is a 5!! pound difference between them which affects their shirts, but not their pants oddly enough.  Also 12m.


Matching for Christmas + Jack's have double decker busses with "London" printed on them, a shoutout to his 1/4 British self:)  Abby was so excited they all matched and were triplets, ha!  I had flashback shirts all cut out too, but things got crazy and they weren't completed.


And this is how our pictures always look if I try to get everyone in.


Last but not least, 2 Field trip raglans.  I love this pattern.  I had 4 that I was making at the time and wasn't paying enough attention and put the neckband seam in the front middle instead of the back.  Oops.  12m, 18m length.  Made in a thermal I picked up from girlcharlee.


Fabrics also from girlcharlee.  This is her "chis" (cheese) face.  She can be such a ham. 

I don't normally keep a WIP pile, but I have the 4 above mentioned pj pants to complete, a jumprope view B cut, and I am about 3/4 of the way through a puppet show dress.  My serger is off to the doctor and it just makes me not want to sew! Though I think I will attempt french seams on the jumprope and wait for the machine to finish the puppet show since most of it has been serged already, keep up the same look on it.  Who knows though, I have also been meaning to size up the geranium for Abby, I guess I'll just see what happens!

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy!
    I love the portrait outfits and those tee's are cute!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really pleased with how they all looked together. I should post a private pic on flickr...

      Delete
  2. The dreaded WIP pile...it can become a dirty little secret.;)lol Hope your serger's diagnosis at the "doctor's" is nothing serious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been sooo bad lately!! And the serger keeps getting jammed and needs to be re-threaded 4-5 times per project! grrr. I hope a tuneup fixes it...

      Delete
  3. Time to sew some cuffs onto those adorable Sandbox pants! They're too cute to put aside just because of a little growth spurt! (Alternately, they might even be cute as capris!) Everything looks gorgeous - that is a whole lot of sewing to NOT blog about, I'm super impressed, it's a big deal if I do one project and don't blog it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually blog as soon as a project is finished! But these were made as we were moving so I had limited time and kind of just forgot about them, ha!

      Delete