Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hopscotch tops for the big girl.

I wish Abs would wear dresses or skirts, but she wont. She says they are too hard to play at school in, well I can't argue with her there. So it is a good thing I got brave enough to dive in to sewing knits, now I can make play-worthy clothes for her.

The first hopscotch is from a upcycled shirt I bought from Wal-mart on closeout for $3 (I think... maybe $2) I made a 7 even though her measurements put her in a 6. Poor girl is overdue for a growth spurt, she has worn the same size for the last 1 1/2 years. In fact, she is still wearing clothes I bought her to start kindergarten.



I really like the stripes on the bodice that go the opposite direction. And the white neck binding. I just love it all. Since it was a thrifted shirt, I used the existing hem on the bottom. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as Abby always says.
The next one is another knit from fabric.com. I saw a hopscotch dress in this fabric and knew I wanted it! I had also ordered a raspberry knit that happened to match, so I used that for the neck binding.
I drafted it a little longer so hopefully it will last a while longer. She wore it immediately, and the next day. At least I know she liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment